QUIZ: Insights Current Affairs Quiz – 15
- September 18, 2015
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: QUIZ 2015-16
Insights Current Affairs Quiz – 15
18 September 2015
From today onwards, we will be starting current events quiz. The quiz will have 5-10 MCQs every day. The questions are mainly framed from The Hindu news articles.
Hope you enjoy this quiz. If you like it, then please share it. Thank you.
INSIGHTS CURRENT EVENTS QUIZ 2015-16
0 of 5 questions completed
The following Quiz is based on the current events that we post every day on our website.
To view Solutions, follow these instructions:
Click on – ‘Start Quiz’ button
Click on ‘Quiz Summary’ button
Click on ‘Finish Quiz’ button
Now click on ‘View Questions’ button – here you will see solutions and links.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Not categorized 0%
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Question 1 of 5
1. Question1 points
Consider the following statements about coal-fired power plants:
- Their current average global efficiency rate is about 33%
- Supercritical and Ultra-supercritical technology driven coal combustion systems operate at relatively higher temperatures and pressures than conventional ones
Which of the above statements are true? Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
Question 2 of 5
2. Question1 points
Which of the following processes of ‘Clean Coal Technology’ is/are correct?
- Coal washing removes unwanted minerals by mixing crushed coal with a liquid and allowing the impurities to separate and settle
- Wet scrubbers remove sulfur dioxide by spraying flue gas with limestone and water
- Gasification, which produces syngas, avoids burning coal altogether
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
Question 3 of 5
3. Question1 points
With reference to the ‘Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers’ (ICANN), which of the following statements are true?
- It is a non-profit organization
- It has responsibility for Internet Protocol (IP) address space allocation
- Functions that were earlier performed by Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) under United States Government are now in ICANN’s domain
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:Correct
“India Favours Multi-Stakeholder Model for Internet Governance Mechanisms”
Question 4 of 5
4. Question1 points
What is an ‘Ultra Marathon’?Correct
Indian Air Force is organizing an Ultra Marathon from Air Force Station Pathankot to Air Force Station Hindon covering a distance of around 574 Km in 11 days on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee of 1965 Indo-Pak war.Incorrect
Indian Air Force is organizing an Ultra Marathon from Air Force Station Pathankot to Air Force Station Hindon covering a distance of around 574 Km in 11 days on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee of 1965 Indo-Pak war.
Question 5 of 5
5. Question1 points
The state of Uttarkhand recently observed ‘Himalaya Diwas’. What is this day’s significance?
Note: Please refresh the page 2-3 times if Quiz button doesn’t respond.