[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 10 September 2015
10 September 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Salient features of Indian society
Topic: Post-independence consolidation
2) Critically examine why the process of preparation of National Register of Citizens in Assam is going on under the direct supervision of the Supreme Court. Also examine the consequences of such an exercise. (200 Words)
Topic: Role of women
3) A recent World Bank report has found that countries whose laws discriminate against women and do not promote gender equality suffer economically. Critically comment on this finding with special reference to India. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure
4) “What Article 25 guarantees is not a collective religious right but an individual’s freedom of choice.” In the light of recent incidences in India related to infringement of an individual’s freedom, critically comment on the statement. (150 Words)
Topic:Powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
General Studies – 3
Topic: Environmental pollution; Conservation
6) The call for conservation of Himalayan ecosystems is growing by day. Critically discuss the unique features of these ecosystems, the threats they are facing and the need for their conservation. (200 Words)
Topic: Conservation; Economic growth and development
General Studies – 4
Topic: laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance;
8) The malaise of the political class seeking to exert control over police officers and playing a game of favourites is not uncommon in India. If you are an IPS officer and a victim of such a political control, which will you choose as the source of ethical guidance to act in such situations – Law and rules, or conscience? Justify. (150 Words)
Topic: Ethical issues in international relations