[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 10 August 2015
10 August 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Salient features of Indian society; political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society
1) A recent survey has found that the preference for authoritarianism was higher among those with the highest media exposure, those who lived in metros, those who were rich and those who were college-educated in India. Critically examine why such preference is growing despite having a smooth functioning democracy in the world. (200 Words)
Topic: Social empowerment; Role of women
2) It is argued that the porn industry thrives on exploitation of and violence against women, hence its ban is necessary. Do you agree with this view? Critically comment. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
3) Should Right to Privacy be made a Fundamental Right under our constitution? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
4) The recent 71st Round survey of social expenditures by households conducted by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) has provided fresh insights into the state of healthcare system in India. Critically discuss these findings. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Indian Economy – growth; Financial issues
5) What are the objectives of of the proposed Indian Financial Code (IFC)? Examine why this proposal has given rise to controversy. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Ethics in Human actions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance;
6) For a civil servant what qualities are required to withstand pressure from various influential sections to stick to rule book and follow his/her conscience as sources of ethical guidance to do the right thing? With suitable examples, discuss these qualities. (200 Words)