[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 25 July 2015
25 July 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
INTEGRATED APPROACH TO PRELIMS+MAINS – TIMETABLE
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Changes in critical geographical features (including waterbodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
1) Critically examine how the climate change and melting ice in the Arctic region is affecting the predatory and dietary habits of the polar bear. (200 Words)
Topic: Poverty and developmental issues; Role of women
2) A recent survey conducted by the Women and Child Development Ministry and UNICEF in 28 States and Delhi presents a dismal picture of crucial maternal and child health indicators. Critically examine the finding sof the report and comment on them. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of vulnerable sections
3) “Indian workers send home the world’s highest amount of remittance income, but there is no migration policy to protect them at any stage of their journey abroad and back.” Examine. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure
4) It is argued that the release of revised draft of the Indian Financial Code (IFC) by the ministry of Finance will undermine the autonomy of RBI. Do you agree? Substantiate. (200 Words)
Topic: Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
5) Analyse the objectives and causes behind the origins of the Bretton Woods institutions and India’s role in it. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
6) Critically comment on the causes of farmer suicides in India. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Effects of liberalization on the economy (Linked to Paper – 1 topics – effect of globalisation; Salient features of Indian society)
7) Why, in your opinion, the growth of Middle Class is considered as favourable development for a society? Critically examine how liberal economic policies and globalisation have impacted middle class in India. (200 Words)
8) Australia has been praised by many countries and UNESCO for its efforts to conserve Great Barrier Reef. Critically examine what efforts it has made in this regard, challenges that remain to be tackled and what lessons can India learn from Australia’s efforts. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Attitude; Aptitude
9) Define and differentiate between aptitude and attitude. In your opinion, which of these two is more important for a civil servant? Justify why. (200 Words)