[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 17 June 2015
17 June 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Salient features of Indian society; Social empowerment
1) “….marriage in India is still believed to be the only route to a good future for a woman.” In the light of recent trend where women from southern parts of India are marrying men from northern states such as Haryana, critically comment on the statement. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health,
2) Supply of healthcare in India is among the lowest in the world on a per capita basis and both the government and private healthcare service haven’t reached the masses. Examine why and suggest what government should do to make affordable healthcare facilities available to all. (200 Words)
Topic: Structure, organization and functioning of the Judiciary
Topic: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of vulnerable sections; Paper – 3 – Under farm subsidy & MSP
4) In view of the climatic changes and global warming, instances of financial distress and farmer suicides in rural areas are expected to increase in future. Critically examine what needs to be done to help Indian farmers face these challenges. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources.
General Studies – 3
Topic: Awareness in the fields of bio-technology
Topic: Indian economy – Growth and Development
7) It is opined that though India is in a good position to deal with a new bout of global turbulence when the US begins to increase interest rates, it still faces new class of risks from private sector. Examine these risks, their threats to Indian economy and measures needed to address these risks. (200 Words)
Topic: Infrastructure – power
Topic: Awareness in the fields of space; Achievements of Indians in science & technology
9) Critically examine the uses of understanding of neutrinos, and significance of its research for India. Also critically comment why setting-up of neutrino research facility in India is being opposed. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance;
10) Ramesh, an MBBS aspirant, though intelligent and having scored good marks in his 12th standard, had resorted to cheating in the all India medical entrance exam. He wanted to secure top rank and get admission into a top medical college. His father supported him and paid huge bribe to a person who promised them of all help during the entrance exam. Ramesh would have still got a medical seat if he had not resorted to cheating. His friend Suresh advised him not to cheat citing a recent scam where many were jailed including students who had cheated. Ramesh ignored his friend’s advice, went ahead and cheated in the exam.