[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 27 May 2015
27 May 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
TONIGHT We Will Post Modified Timetable (To integrate it better with Prelims GS-1 Paper)
Topic: Role of women; Women empowerment
1) It is seen that in India the banking sector has seen good achievements by women compared to other sectors. Examine why and suggest what other sectors can do to create enabling environment for women to reach top posts. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times; communalism,
2) Discuss the features of Sufism which makes it distinct from other sects of Islam. Considering ongoing conflicts in West Asia, do you think there is threat to Sufism and its followers? Critically examine. (200 Words)
Topic: Salient features of Indian Society
3) “The popular assumption that urban modernity will weaken the power of caste was apparently based on a narrow view of the many functions it serves. Caste continues to be a major social force governing matrimony, socialisation of children, social status, and, in many cases, occupation.” Critically analyse. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure,
4) Looking at the way the governors of states have functioned since independence, do you think is there a need to amend the constitution to give states power to impeach their governors? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations
General Studies – 3
Topic: Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
6) The Islamic State is making inroads into new territories and spreading violence thanks to many factors including the absence of collective offensive against it. Critically analyse the reasons behind success of ISIS. (200 Words)
Topic: Resource mobilisation; Infrastructure – energy
General Studies – 4
Topic: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
8) Despite being a largely peaceful country, India now and then witnesses communal tensions. With examples, examine what factors breed harmony between different communities divided on the lines of religion and castes? As an administrator, how will you help different communities to live in peace and harmony? (200 Words)