[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 25 May 2015
25 May 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
The Static Timetable Will Resume from 27th May With Modified Timetable (To integrate it better with Prelims GS-1 Paper)
Topic: Salient features of Indian Society; urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
Topic: changes in critical geographical features (including waterbodies and ice-caps) and the effects of such changes.
2) A new study has found that India is set to become water scarce country by 2025 due to demand-supply mis-match. Analyse why there is demand – supply mismatch and what measures are needed to address this issue without burdening the common man. (200 Words)
Topic: changes in critical geographical features and the effects of such changes.
3) In recent years it is observed that the arrival of frequency of the western disturbances has increased over the Indian subcontinent. What do you understand by western disturbances? Explain their origins, causes of increased frequencies and their effect on India. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
4) Do you think the confrontation between the executive and the judiciary is a thing of past? How does the Indian constitution strive to forge harmony between these two organs of the government? Critically discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
General Studies – 3
Topic: Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
General Studies – 4
Topic: Role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
7) It is argued that Internet-compatible electronic devices being used by school children and youngsters are affecting them adversely in various ways. Some elders even argue that children are losing values thanks to dependence on these devices. Taking example from your own experiences, critically comment on the statements. (200 Words)
Topic: Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions
8) Recently a Chinese city opened ‘Morality’ Bank to encourage people to do good to others and reward such people by providing them free services and awards depending the amount of good work done by them. Can this model be implemented by civil servants? As an administrator, suggest any other such novel methods you would like to implement to encourage people to be kind and empathetic to fellow citizens. (200 Words)