[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 23 May 2015
23 May 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
The Static Timetable Will Resume from 26th May With Modified Timetable (To integrate it better with Prelims GS-1 Paper)
Topic: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
1) Examine how recent excavations of remnants of the Harappan Civilization in India have helped historians to understand Harappan culture. (200 Words)
Topic: Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity,
2) With suitable illustrations examine why the Himalayan region is prone to earthquakes. Also examine nature of these earthquakes and the necessary steps required to deal with such earthquakes. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability
3) Do you think the Section 69A of the I.T. Act is unconstitutional? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
4) Some parts of Southern India have witnessed major protests against setting up of beverage plants in the vicinity of agricultural lands. Critically examine why and comment if such protests can be called as anti – development. (200 Words)
Topic: Role of civil services in a democracy
5) “The Indian Administrative Service (IAS), which is the backbone of the administrative machinery in the country and is critical to ensuring the delivery of the services and welfare schemes of the government to end users, is grappling with multiple problems that do not have quick-fix solutions.” Critically analyse. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Indian economy – inclusive growth, Food security
6) Do you think India and other developing countries were actually victorious in recent WTO negotiations vis a vis addressing their agricultural and food security concerns? Critically comment. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
7) It is argued that is that spiritual awareness is innate and that it is an important component in human development. What do you understand by spirituality? How will it help in human development? Examine. (200 Words)