[Insights Secure – 2015] UPSC Mains Questions on Current Events: 13 May 2015
13 May 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Effects of globalization on Indian society ; Salient features of Indian society
Topic: Role of women and women’s organization
Topic: Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian subcontinent)
General Studies – 2
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
4) It is argued that India is unable to devise prudent and timely strategies to engage the northwestern region despite losing its strategic edge to other players in Afghanistan. Critically examine the reasons and suggest, in your opinion, what should India do to become a major player in the northwestern region. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: basics of cyber security;
6) A recent study has indicated a dramatic rise in attacks by cyber criminals on Indian entities in recent years. Critically examine how these crimes should be tackled by concerned agencies and government. (200 Words)
Topic: Money-laundering and its prevention
7) A recently set-up Special Investigative Team (SIT) on Black Money has recommended several measures to tackle the issue of black money circulation in its three separate reports. Comment on the important recommendations of these reports. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian economy and issues relating to economic growth and development
8) It is said that if India is to acquire a global role relative to its economic, geographic and demographic size, its economic growth needs to be underpinned by major productivity shifts and open markets and not by focusing more on redistribution. Elaborate. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian economy and issues relating to mobilization of resources
General Studies – 4
Topic: Strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance;
10) You are working as an head of a private software firm. As its head, what measures will you take (apart from government mandated measures) to ensure safe working place for women and completely stop sexual harassment of women workers. (150 Words)