25 April 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Click on EACH question to post/read answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
1) Critically discuss the brief history of why Article 370 of the Constitution was framed in a certain manner and the importance of the text of the Article from the viewpoint of the people of Jammu and Kashmir. (200 Words)
Topic: Social Empowerment; Role of women and women’s organization
2) It is a fact that many rape cases go unreported thanks to various social, legal and procedural factors which deter victims or relatives of victims from filing complaints. In your opinion, what measures need to be taken to encourage victims to file complaints and help them get access to legal aid? Discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: changes in critical geographical features
Goh Cheng Leong, Certificate Human and Physical Geography, Chapter – 7
Topic: World geography
Goh Cheng Leong, Certificate Human and Physical Geography, Chapter – 8
Topic: World geography; changes in critical geographical features
Goh Cheng Leong, Certificate Human and Physical Geography, Chapter – 9
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
Topic; Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation
7) The fact of children working in all kinds of occupations remains one of India’s worst-kept secrets. Critically comment if the existing legal and institutional support is adequate to end the menace of child labour in India. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; Effects of liberalization on the economy;
8) Some economists argue that public distribution system (PDS) is still better than direct benefit transfer (DBT) in the form of cash to the beneficiaries. Examine the merits and demerits of PDS over DBT. (200 Words)
Topic:Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
9) “Although the Foreign Trade Policy Statement (FTPS) is an important statement of the government’s intent to improve the performance of the foreign trade sector, the results are not likely to be delivered if the operational framework is not made functionally more robust.” In the light of the statement, examine the limitations of the recent FTPS announced by the government. (200 Words)
Topic: Agriculture – issues
10) “An increase in indebtedness in agriculture between 2003 and 2013 does not necessarily mean a growth in debt that has debilitated the cultivator. Higher indebtedness may also reflect a more enabling process–the increased availability of institutional credit.” In the light of the statement, analyse the finding of National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) report – Situation Assessment of Agricultural Households (AHHs). (200 Words)
11) The Government is implementing National Highway Development Project in different phases to boost economic development of the country by creating a durable road infrastructure. Critically evaluate the performance of the project. (200 Words)
India – 2015, Chapter – 26, Transport
General Studies – 4
Topic: Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour