15 April 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Revision Questions will be Posted at 3 pm Today
Timetable Will be Posted at 10 pm Today
Click on each question to post your answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
1) “Ambedkar stands apart for combining three attributes: modernity of outlook; bringing scholarship and learning to political life; and pragmatism in public life.” In the light of the statement, critically examine Ambedkar’s contribution to India both during pre and post Independence years. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes;
2) “Contrary to popular perception the decline in MGNREGA’s performance was not due to the lack of demand but was a result of a carefully crafted strategy to stifle the programme by burdening it with administrative requirements and delays in fund flow.” In the light of the statement, critically evaluate the performance of MGNREGA. (200 Words)
Topic: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
3) In the West, especially in America, a heated debate is going regarding the merits and demerits of using body-mounted cameras (Cop-Cams) on police officers. Critically examine why this ideas has been mooted and what are the main concerns with this strategy. Do you think such a policy can be used in India as a tool to bring reforms in policing? Comment. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
4) Digital revolution is fundamental to inclusive growth of the country and sponsored data or zero rating is the pathway to realising the Digital India dream. What do you understand by ‘Sponsored Data or Zero Rating offering’? Examine how it benefits economy. (200 Words)
Topic: Awareness in science and technology and their applications and effects in everyday life
Topic: Agriculture issues; Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies
Topic: Indian economy – development; environment protection
7) “If self-reliance can be achieved in the strategic fields of space and nuclear technology, through dogged pursuit and by creating institutions of excellence with political support, there is no reason why it cannot be done in the equally strategic area of military hardware. ” In your opinion, what needs to be done to improve and increase defence indigenisation and achieve same success as achieved in Space sector in the defence sector in terms of developing own technology? Critically discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: Economic development; Conservation
9) The concept of ecological modernism, which sees technology and economic development as keys to solving big environmental problems, is gaining adherents (eco-modernists) and getting a lots of attention these days. Elaborate this concept and examine how is it different from sustainable development approach. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Political attitudes