14 April 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Wish You All The Best!
Click on each question to post your answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
General Studies – 2
Topic: Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
2) Recently the re-promulgation of the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015, created controversy regarding misuse of ‘ordinance’ power by the government. Critically examine the issue and comment if, in your opinion, such re – promulgations goes against democratic principles. (200 Words)
Topic: Judiciary, its structure and functions
3) Recently the Union government notified the National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) law. Critically analyse objectives and functions of NJAC and their effect on structure of Indian judiciary. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Infrastructure – Energy
Topic: indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
5) Recently India agreed to purchase 36 Rafale fighters from France through Government – to – Government route. Critically comment how would this deal affect Make in India campaign, defence indigenisation process and security of the country. (200 Words)
Topic: Agriculture issues
6) It is said that Indian agriculture is the least reformed sector of the Indian economy. In your opinion, what systemic reforms are needed to revive Indian agriculture and make it sustainable occupation for farmers? Critically discuss. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian economy – development; environment protection
7) It is often pointed out by environmentalists and other social activists that while improving the ease of business is highly desirable, it cannot be the sole criterion for recasting the legal and regulatory regime governing the environment and forest sectors. In the light of government’s recent move to bring a single statute by unifying forest and environmental laws to ensure smooth development, critically comment what should be government’s priority – to ensure ease of doing business or protecting environment and biodiversity? And explain why. (200 Words)
Topic: Environment pollution, Conservation
8) In the West, some scientists are trying out a new idea called – Human Composting – to produce compost to plant trees. Examine the science behind composting, advantages and issues arising out of Human Composting. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.