10 April 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Wish You All The Best!
Due to some reasons (We know we are accountable, but public forum is such that we can’t reveal our personal problems and explain why certain things are imperfect! Hope you appreciate these minor glitches and continue to support us) we were not able do justice to static portion as per timetable during last 2-3 days. We promise that things will be fine from coming Monday 🙂
Click on each question to post your answers.
General Studies – 1;
1) “The idea of secularism as expressed in our Constitution and as articulated over the years through the political process is embedded in the concepts of equality and democracy rather than in the Western concept of secularism which denies religion any space in the public sphere.” In the light of the statement, critically analyse how India’s version of Secularism is different from that of West’s. (200 Words)
Topic: Locational factors of resources and issues related to them
Topic: Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
General Studies – 2
Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States
4) Recently, while ruling on inclusion or exclusion of certain castes or communities for availing reservation benefits, the Supreme Court argued that caste cannot be the only standard to determine backwardness, but can be an important factor. What is your opinion on this issue? Do you think reservation is used more as a political tool these days than as a tool of social justice? Critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
5) Critically examine the implications of recent nuclear deal between Iran and the E3+3 (France, Germany and the United Kingdom + China, the Russian Federation and the United States) for India. (200 Words)
General Studies – 3
Topic: Effects of liberalization on the economy
6) “Outcomes of the patterns of growth induced by neoliberal economic reforms have increased the disproportionality between agricultural and non-agricultural growth, and with costs rising and prices not keeping pace, agriculture is becoming increasingly unviable.” Elaborate. (200 Words)
Topic: Agriculture issues
Topic: changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
8)Critically discuss major problems plaguing the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) sector in India. Do you think government’s policies to boost this sector adequately address these problems? Examine. (200 Words)
9) In a bid to reduce man-animal conflict in Assam, bio-fences are proposed to be set up replacing electric fences, to ward off straying elephants. What are these bio-fences and how do they work? Also suggest any other measures that can help prevent or reduce man – animal conflicts. (200 WOrds)
General Studies – 4
Topic: ethics in private and public relationships; role of family in inculcating values
10) One of your close friends was caught by your father while stealing money from your room. He was a regular visitor at your home. He has been your close friend since your school days. Recent he was facing severe financial problems and was badly in need of money to repay old debt. He had sought your help, but due to your other commitments you could not help him. Your friend stole money from you as last resort when his creditor threatened him with grave consequences if loan was not repaid within stipulated time. Your father, who did not like your friends circle, now wants to lodge police complaint against your friend. Your friend pleads that he has been nice guy throughout and should be pardoned by you and your parents. Your mother is now accusing him of stealing all the past missing things in your home. He begs you and your father to not to lodge police complaint. The money which he stole was substantial and was meant for your sister’s marriage. You were saving this money for many years.