24 March 2015
If facing problem in loading of Disqus Comments, please clear Cache and Cookies in your Browser and then reload the page. This will solve the problem. Alternatively you can open the page in ‘incognito/safe browsing mode‘.
Please Check This Article for Latest Update and New Initiative and its Time Table !
Wish You All The Best!
Click on each question to post your answers.
General Studies – 1;
Topic: Urbanisation – Problems and Remedies
1) Many countries around the world have tried to replicate the Singapore Model of city-state administration and have failed. Critically examine the merits and demerits of this model and examine if this model is suitable for replication in India’s metropolitan cities. (200 Words)
General Studies – 2
Topic: issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
Topic: India and its Neighbours
3) How is Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) appointed to the office of Chief Information Commission? In your opinion what should be an ideal procedure to appoint CIC? In the light of controversy over appointment to this office, critically comment. (200 Words)
Topic: Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests
4) In the USA, a war of words is being waged against each other between some civil society organisations and telecom providers about an issue related to whether broadband service providers should be designated as “common carriers” or not. Critically comment on this issue and examine if India should be worried in future on this issue. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
5) Discuss how and why the Kurdish factor has become crucial in fight against the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq. Also examine the nature of India’s relationship with the Kurdish leadership. (200 Words)
Topic: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; Paper – 3 – MSP
General Studies – 3
Topic: Major crops; Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
Topic: Indian Economy and issues relating to mobilization of resources; Infrastructure – Energy
8) Critically comment on the significance of the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015 and the Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Bill, 2015 for Indian economy. (200 Words)
Topic: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
9) India’s FRBM Act as well as the Kelkar Committee (2012) established the principle of aiming to bring the centre’s fiscal deficit down to 3 percent of GDP. Why utmost importance is given to this principle in India? Examine how does the recent Economic Survey seek to achieve this target. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices; Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security;
10) Leakages seriously undermine the effectiveness of product subsidies and recently the Prime Minister stated that leakages in subsidies must be eliminated without reducing the subsidies themselves. Analyse why leakage is a serious issue in public distribution system in India. (200 Words)
11) The rate of growth of gross fixed capital formation in India now languishes around zero and stalling of “projects,” a term synonymous with large economic undertakings in infrastructure, manufacturing, mining, power, etc., is widely accepted to be a leading reason behind this decline. Critically analyse causes behind stalling of projects and their impact on the Indian economy. (200 Words)
Topic: Investment models; Infrastructure
12) The Economic Survey 2014-15 has called for restructuring the public private partnership (PPP) model of investment to boost the infrastructure projects in India. Critically examine the problems it has identified in PPP model and the solutions it has suggested to restructure the model. (200 Words)
General Studies – 4
Topic: Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
13) “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages” – Thomas Edison. Explain the meaning and significance of this statement, giving its applicability in the modern conflict – ridden society. (150 Words)