24 December 2014
Click on the Questions to Post Your Answers. Thank You
Tomorrow’s Topics for GS-1: Themes in World History – Class XI – Theme 11
General Studies – 1
Topic: Salient features of Indian Society; Secularism
Topic: NCERT World History Class XI
General Studies – 2
Topic: Issues relating to development; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of vulnerable sections.
4) “The overall impact of developmental projects on tribes has been often loss of livelihood, massive displacement and involuntary migration.” This is the conclusion drawn by the High-Level Committee on the Status of Tribals. In this light, critically examine how tribals are affected and what needs to be done to protect their interests. (200 Words)
Topic: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
5) India spends about one per cent of its gross domestic product (GDP) on public health, compared with three per cent in China and 8.3 per cent in the United States. In recent years the allocation for health care budget has been reduced owing to fiscal strain. Analyse the implications of this policy and also critically comment if it’s a prudent move to cut allocation to health sector to cut the fiscal deficit. (200 Words)
Topic: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
6) Many countries prefer regional trade agreements or bilateral preferential trade agreements (PTA) due to slow progress of WTO negotiations. Do you think PTAs touted as free trade agreements (FTA) are really free and fair? Critically analyse. (150 Words)
Topic: India and its neighborhood- relations.
General Studies – 3
Topic: Investment models; Infrastructure: Roads
8) A recent audit report by the CAG on implementation of public-private partnership (PPP) projects in national highways has revealed some disturbing facts about governance in such projects and putting at disadvantage the end consumers. Critically examine with examples the lacunae in implementation of PPP projects and policies related to it. (200 Words)
Topic: Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security
General Studies – 4
Topic: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships
10) One of your friends is criticizing a move by a school which has asked its students to thank city traffic police for ensuring road safety. He says that it’s anyway the job of the police and they are paid for this. According to him there is no need to be grateful to someone when they are doing job for money.