Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
20 December 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) What do you understand by real effective exchange rate (REER)? Some economists say that the rupee is overvalued. What do understand by this and why, in their opinion, is rupee overvalued? Examine.
2) Examine how the Russian economy has grown post the break up of erstwhile USSR. Also examine causes behind its recent economic crisis.
3) In your opinion, what are the solutions needed to overcome so called ‘policy paralysis’ in India? Discuss.
4) Examine the factors behind the growth and expansion of e-commerce in India. In the light of recent protests by brick and mortar retailers, critically comment if the aggressive growth of e-commerce is good for end consumers.
5) Critically analyse how the debate on the nature of secularism and its practice by the state has evolved vis-a-vis nationalism and communalism since independence in India.
6) The findings from the latest International Labour Organisation report on real wages have noted the continuing deceleration in the growth of global real wages and discriminatory pay gaps based on gender and nationality. Critically examine its implications. What measures would you suggest to arrest this trend? Explain.
7) Critically analyse the major achievements of ISRO in recent times and examine what constraints and challenges it faces in its quest for bigger future missions.