18 December 2014
Answer ALL the following questions in about 200 words:
1) “The USA’s isolation of Cuba was one of the most misguided chapters in American foreign policy.” Critically comment in the light of recent developments in relations between two countries.
2) Critically examine how countries and different groupings of countries are divided over climate change negotiations.
3) Examine why the Sections 17(b) and 46 of the Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act (2010) have become bone of contention between India and USA.
4) Compare and contrast India’s Eastern and Western borders in terms of infrastructure and security threats they pose.
5) In recent years the terrorism has spread as far as Australia too. Examine why terrorists are targeting countries like Australia and what’s their agenda.
6) Critically analyse how and why Pakistan has become victim of its own terrorism related policies.
7) The recent drop in international oil prices have provided India with rare opportunity to its oil companies to expand their exploration and out-compete China. Examine.
8) “The RuPay debit card plan be shelved, because it poses a huge reputation risk — the failure of the card could have damaging consequences for the Jan Dhan Scheme as a whole.” Examine.