17 December 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Examine why methane is considered as vital for presence of life on planets such as Mars? Explain in the light of recent findings by NASA’s Curiosity rover.
2) Recently the Russian central bank raised interest rates steeply to prevent the weakening of Rouble. Examine what effect this move has on Indian economy.
3) “The Swachh Bharat is a correct policy revival but will fail unless buttressed by a robust, palpable implementation structure.” In the light of numerous challenges this scheme faces, comment on the statement.
4) According to a report, on the list of the world’s biggest exporters of illicit financial flows from 2003 to 2012, India currently ranks fourth — after China, Russia and Mexico, in that order. Critically examine why.
5) Critically discuss why the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan is an hotbed of terrorism. Also examine why terrorist attacks on Pakistan are more than compared to attacks on Afghanistan.
6) The recent agreement between USA and China to cut their emission of green house gases has been criticised by many countries and scientists. Examine why. Also explain India being a fourth largest emitter of green house gases, what should be its stance at climate change negotiations.
7) Critically examine why some commentators argue for the continuation of Section 309 of the Indian Penal Code.