15 December 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Examine the possible roadblocks that recently launched Payment Banks might face in their functioning.
2) Write a note on the location factors of cement industry in India and also examine problems faced by the industry.
3) The Union Cabinet recently cleared some changes to the Electricity Act which are hailed as market friendly. Comment on these approved changes to the act.
4) Write a critical note outcome of recent climate change talks held at Lima, Peru.
5) “The inadequacies of India’s Internet regime are not confined to the IT Act alone. The country faces dilemmas that concern the future of the net and the way in which these are addressed will be key to determining India’s future as an open society, a secure state and a competitive economy.” In the light of amendments made to IT act and its fallouts, critically analyse the statement.
6) Critically comment on the significance of repealing of Section 309 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
7) ” The Indian black money held in Switzerland or elsewhere will not come back, and so the dreams about how to spend it can be stopped.” Critically examine why.