13 December 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Recently in Geneva, trade talks on reducing tariffs on trade of technology goods and information technology agreement ended in failure. Critically examine why. Also throw light on why developed countries are keen to finalise these deals.
2) Examine the concerns of poor and developing countries regarding the content and tone of ongoing climate change talks.
3) “India needs ‘Make for India’ strategy, not ‘Make in India’ to boost growth and jobs.” Comment.
4) “It will be erroneous to construe the high voter turnout as a sign of Kashmiris embracing the Indian Constitution.” Critically comment.
5) “The CRPF is so ill-prepared to fight Maoists, it is a miracle its troops are not deserting en masse.” In the light of recent death of CRPF jawans at the hand of Maoists, critically comment on the statement.
6) “Turkey, once a secular state, is slowly becoming an authoritarian and Islamic state.” Comment.