08 December 2014
Answer the following questions in about 200 words:
1) Central banks in many countries around the world, including developed and developing, are resorting to quantitative easing to devalue their currency. Examine the reasons and its implications.
2) Critically comment on some of important provisions of the proposed Road Transport and Safety Bill 2014. Do you think imposing hefty penalties on traffic rule violators will ensure road safety especially on Indian roads? Discuss.
3) Examine the various bottlenecks that exist in the introduction of Goods and Services Tax in the country.
4) Unlike direct benefits transfer (DBT) to LPG customers, it is difficult to implement the same for kerosene consumers. Examine why and offer solutions.
5) Are there any negative fallout of increased usage and dependence of renewable energy sources? Critically examine.
6) What do you understand by transponders that are used in satellites? Write a note on types of transponders used by ISRO and their uses.
7) Write a short note on the New Horizons probe of NASA
8) Is increasing Chinese presence in and engagement with Sri Lanka a cause of concern for India? Critically comment.
9) ” The dominant objective of monetary policy should be the maintenance of price stability.” Analyse why in the Indian context.
10) The Global Financial Integrity Report, released in December 2013, shows that 60 per cent of black money generated in developing countries such as India happens because of corporate tax evasion. In this regard, examine the role of and steps needs to be taken by corporate firms and the government in reducing corruption.