[UPSC Mains 2014] Insights Secure Questions on Current Events, 04 December 2014
- December 4, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
04 December 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically examine the reasons behind increasing cyber security threats around the world. Explain what needs to be done to mitigate these threats.
2) It is said that Special Economic Zones (SEZ) in India have completely failed – of the 564 SEZs formally approved, only 192 were operational as of June this year. Examine the reasons behind this failure.
3) To realize the dream of ‘Digital India’, India’s current overall policies for telecommunications don’t serve our interests. Critically discuss various roadblocks that exist in realizing Digital India dream.
4) The committee, headed by former Cabinet secretary T S R Subramanian, on environment and forests has recommended that the plethora of existing statutes and institutions governing the interrelated fields of environment and forests be merged into a single umbrella law. Explain the significance of this recommendation.
5) Recently India opposed a U.N. General Assembly (UNGA) resolution calling on it to voluntarily abandon its nuclear weapons. Do you think it was a right move? Critically comment.
6) Write a short note on significance of the Thirty-Metre Telescope (TMT) being developed in Hawaii.
7) Compare and contrast India’s performance in global Corruption Perception Index vis a vis China’s performance.
8) Critically comment on the nature of India’s foreign policy since the fall of Berlin Wall in 1989.