[UPSC Mains 2014] Insights Secure Questions on Current Events, 03 December 2014
- December 3, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
03 December 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Examine the merits and demerits of modernising and running India’s large railway stations in the public-private-partnership (PPP) mode.
2) Critically comment on the significance of Iraqi government’s recent long-term accord with the autonomous Kurdish region to share the country’s oil wealth and military resources.
3) Examine why is India reluctant to sign the Information Technology Agreement (ITA) of WTO. Also examine why is India facing renewed pressure to sign the ITA?
4) Critically comment on the key recommendations of the Tax Administration and Reform Commission (TARC) which submitted its third report recently to the government.
5) “In India, some cities are changed from being a congenial space of shared amenities and relationships to a fearful nightmare of private strongholds and walled compounds — insecure, insular and isolated.” Critically examine why and its consequences.
6) Examine why the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) system was introduced in schools and why is there an opposition now to this system?