02 December 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Recently a principal of a government aided college was appointed as a board member of a famous liquor company. Identify the ethical issues involved and critically comment on them.
2) The profitability of goat and sheep husbandry is steadily improving, thanks to the growing demand and rising prices of these items, but there are also problems. Write a note on the scenario of goat and sheep husbandry in India, associated problems and solutions.
3) Critically comment on the causes, growth and nature of religious fundamentalism and extremism in Nigeria.
4) Critically examine why the Bhopal Gas Tragedy is considered as one of the worst industrial disasters in recent human history.
5) Critically analyse the the Constitution (the 119th amendment) bill that was recently cleared by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on External Affairs.
6) “This planned prohibition of pornography and any other objectionable content will ultimately come at a cost to our collective interest in the freedom of expression while simultaneously turning a deaf ear to what science is or isn’t able to account for. A web filter opens the doors to abuse, stupidity, official petty-mindedness and a habit of giving up and reaching for the easiest way out.” In the light of government’s plan to filter the web, critically comment on the statement.
7) Critically examine the merits and demerits of the recent proposal by the National Commission for Women to legalise prostitution.