25 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Write a critical note on the findings of the 2014 Global Report on Trafficking in Persons released by the United Nations.
2) “The government has started applying exclusion principles to its inclusion scheme, the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana(PMJDY).” Examine.
3) “President Barack Obama’s recent executive order on immigration falls well short of what both immigrants and industry leaders were seeking.” Critically examine.
4) In your opinion, what should be India’s response to recent landmark climate change agreement signed by USA and China? Comment.
5) It is argued that the SAARC is in dire need of reforms to make it an effective organization. Examine and suggest such needed reforms.
6) “Biodiversity and wildlife protection is often termed as a ‘co-benefit’ of mitigating climate change.” Examine how.
7) The Garo Hills region of Meghalaya has faced turmoil for years with multiple militant groups fighting what are essentially turf wars. In this light, critically examine the efforts made by the Indian and state governments to bring peace in the region.