[UPSC Mains-2014] Insights Secure Questions on Current Events, 12 November 2014
- November 12, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
Insights Secure Questions on Current Events
12 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) ” Taliban is a necessary evil in Afghanistan.” Critically comment.
2) “Twenty-five years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the biggest surprise is how badly most of the post-communist nations have done since.” Critically examine.
3) What do you understand by Net Neutrality? Examine the issues involved.
4) Critically discuss with suitable examples how countries in Asia were influenced by India’s cultural heritage.
5) Examine how the privatisation of public sector undertakings has been done since 1990s economic reforms and what are their benefits?
6) What are the expected benefits of linking rivers in India? Are there any alternatives to reap same benefits? Examine.
7) “The making of the new Middle East map can thus be understood, at least in part, as the collapse of the post-Ottoman order.” Discuss.
8) Write a note on the aviation sector reforms that need to be implemented in India to improve the sector’s efficiency and performance.
9) Is India ready to cash in on its demographic dividend? Critically examine.
10) In recent months there have been reports of increase in the number of polio deaths in Pakistan. Explain why.