11 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Do you think the Indian government, like Chinese, should support private Indian companies to invest in foreign countries through diplomacy? Critically comment.
2) Critically comment on India’s progress in various social indicators post liberalization years.
3) Write a note on ‘direct sowing’ and ‘drum sowing’ techniques of paddy cultivation.
4) Recently RBI tightened non-banking financial company (NBFC) rules. Examine why .
5) Recently USA and Afghanistan signed Bilateral Security Agreement between them. Comment on its significance to the region and for India.
6) There is a need for reform in the transmission and distribution architecture of the power sector in India. In this direction, examine what has been done and what needs to be done.
7) What do you understand by ‘Rule of Law’? In the recent black money case, the doctrine of ‘Rule of Law’ was much debated. Examine why.
8) “Some of India’s labour market regulations are a legacy of Fabian Socialism and colonial rule; others are a product of postcolonial bureaucracy, disincentivising economic growth.” Elaborate.
9) Write a note on the UN Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS)