06 November 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically examine why despite reforms and new industrial policies, some public sector undertakings continue to make losses. Do you think privatisation of these sick PSUs rather than disinvestment is the solution? Comment.
2) Write a note on the 5/20 rule which was in news in the Indian aviation sector. Examine what’s government’s position on it.
3) Discuss the policies of government of India towards Indian diaspora since independence. Do you think India has tapped diaspora’s potential adequately? Examine.
4) A new synthesis report from the UN-sanctioned Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) suggests forcefully what can be done about climate change by all the countries, especially large GHG emitters. Comment on these suggestions.
5) Write a note on Prime Minister’s Council on Climate Change.
6) What do you understand by sustainable fishing? Write a note on its practice in India.
7) Discuss how India can benefit from a free trade agreement with Russia, if it is finalised and comes into force in future.
8) The recent proposal of introduction of self-certification scheme in industries to curb ‘inspector raj’ has raised many issues. Critically examine them.