[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure Questions on Current Events, 29 October 2014
- October 29, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
29 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Do you think the demand for scrapping of section 66A of the Information Technology Act (2000) is justified? In the light of increasing misuse of internet, critically comment.
2) Critically examine how the new drug pricing policy introduced in 2012 differed from earlier policies. Also throw light on its outcome.
3) Critically evaluate the causes of present controversy between India and USA regarding India’s intellectual property rights (IPR) regime. Is India’s stand justified? Examine.
4) The speed of internet is moving towards Gigabit per second. Explain, in the context of India, how the increased speed of internet would empower an individual or an organisation.
5) Critically comment on arguments made on ethical grounds in favour of death sentence to criminals.
6) Examine the performance of India as brought out in the annual gender survey of the World Economic Forum – 2014.
7) Write a note on the Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana (VKY)
8) Throw light on the areas of cooperation between India and Indonesia. Also examine the implications for India of the recent political developments that have taken place in Indonesia.
9) Do you think moral values and politics go together? Critically comment in the Indian context.
The Hindu (not fully related to the above question)