21 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) “The Europeans have added a new dimension to information privacy by insisting that citizens have a “right to be forgotten.” In the light of increasing concern over infringement of privacy and misuse of information of an individual stored on the internet, comment if Right to be Forgotten should be adopted globally to protect privacy.
2) There are many lessons to be learnt in disaster management and environment rules in the wake of Hudhud cyclone which caused devastation in Vishakhaptnam.
3) Recently, in a firecracker workshop a fire mishap took place. As a result eleven workers were charred to death. After inspection of documents related to the workshop it was revealed that it was operating illegally. Those who dead included poor daily labourers- including child labourers – and few customers. Later the government announced rupees one lakh to the family of each diseased.
Almost every year incidents like this take place.
a) Should the government be held as responsible for the death of individuals in the above case study?
b) Discuss the legal and ethical issues involved in the above case study .
4) Write a note on the proposed Universal Health Assurance Mission (UHAM)
5) Critically comment on recent measures taken by the government to contain tobacco consumption.
6) Examine the important issues involved in the recent dispute between Amazon.com and Hachette, a major publishing house, that has caught attention worldwide lately.
7) Write a note on the efforts made to conserve biodiversity at Antarctic by the stakeholder countries.