Are you Ready for Insta 75 Days Revision Plan (UPSC Prelims - 2020)?
20 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically analyse why the government has decontrolled the diesel prices and what would be its implications.
2) Write a note on the problems being faced by Public Sector Banks in India and examine what measures to be taken to address these problems.
3) In India, the reduction in malnutrition among children has been very slow when compared to rapid economic growth in the post-reform period. Examine the in the light of revelations made by various reports.
4) Critically examine the linages between agriculture reforms and nutrition security. Explain how it can be achieved.
5) In the ongoing wars in Middle East, citizens are the worst victims. Critically comment on the role and responsibility of various players involved in these wars in protecting citizens.
6) Discuss the significance of recent decision taken by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on DLF, banning the company and six top executives, including its founder chairman from the capital markets for a period of three years.
7) In the light of various concerns raised against the functioning of media outlets in India, critically comment on the issues and the response of the media and the government to these concerns.
8) Write a note on the effect of Japan’s ageing demography on its economy.
9) You are working as the director of Administrative Training Institution. As soon as you became the director, you notice that large-scale financial irregularities were apparent in various bills passed by your predecessor. You conduct an internal investigation and find that mammoth scale of corruption had taken place in procurement and awarding contracts. You suspect that the previous director had received bribery to award contracts by floating tender rules and by procuring various things without the consent of state government and by floating the provisions of procurement act. You cancel few contracts awarded previously because you think they were illegal. One day, few contractors and their relatives physically assault you and cause you injuries. On the same day, an employee who has lost employment because of your recent tough measures commits suicide. Relatives of the dead person stage protests against you. The Chief Secretary of the state is not supporting you.
a) In situation like this, should you go before the media and reveal everything? Substantiate. (150 Words)
b) What course of action will you take in situation like this? Explain. (150 Words)