18 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in not more than 200 words:
1) Examine the socio-economic factors leading to child labour problem in poor and developing countries.
2) Explain the major difference between two branches of Islam – Sunni and Shia. Critically examine why some analysts think that Muslim enlightenment is possible through the Shia branch of Islam.
3) Though India had time-bound plans to manage waste in towns and cities, the problem has only increased. In the light of recently announced Clean India mission, critically analyse the challenges that exist to proper waste management in cities.
4) Write a note on recently launched national Air Quality Index(AQI) by the Ministry of Environment, Government of India.
5) Write a note on India’s new missile – Nirbhay cruise missile. Explain its strategic significance.
6) A car manufacturing company has established a small factory inside Tihar jail premises where inmates work and produce certain auto parts which is comparable to the quality produced in company’s main factories. But inmates are paid very less, have no organization powers and their work is compulsory as long as they stay in prison. Do you think it is ethical on part of the government to allow this kind of works in prison? Substantiate.
7) Explain why Switzerland is an important factor in India’s fight against black money.
8) Explain the factors that decide the onset of the northeast monsoon.
9) If you are posted as District Collector, explain how will you tackle the problem of unemployment in your district?
10) Critically evaluate the performance of the scheme – National Programme for Control of Blindness (NPCB)
11) ‘Not just Make in India, we need Make for India initiative.’ In the light of objectives of recently announced Make in India initiative, comment on the statement.