[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure Questions on Current Events, 15 October 2014
- October 15, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
15 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) In recent months, despite ongoing conflicts in the Middle East, the price of oil is declining worldwide. Comment on the reasons.
2) Critically discuss the socio-economic situation of children in India.
3) Write a critical note on the potential effects of Ebola virus disease on the global economy.
4) Few state governments in India are adopting Swiss challenge system for procurement under many schemes. Write a note on this system, its working model and its importance.
5) India has introduced ban on cosmetics animal testing and now a ban on animal-tested cosmetics imported from overseas. Explain the significance of this move.
6) “A devastated Vishakapatnam as a result of cyclone Hudhud’s impact has brought home the need for coastal cities to be climate resilient in terms of extreme events with respect to preparation and infrastructure.” Elaborate.
7) A recent survey on children of India carried by UNICEF and the Indian government has found that in the last decade, India has improved its health status of children faster than other South Asian countries. Examine to what factors does this report attribute this positive development.
8) “The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan emphasising cleanliness has provided the right opportunity for Indian Railways to address infrastructural gaps contributing to dirty premises and trains.” Critically examine the magnitude of hygiene problem in Indian railways and solution for this problem.
9) Write a note on the significance of India and Norway’s cooperation in the Arctic region.