11 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Examine how does Indian constitution and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child ensure and safeguard rights of the children in India.
2) Write a note on nature and significance of India’s activities at two polar regions of the earth.
3) “In recent years, concerted efforts are being made to weaken the Right to Information act.” Critically comment.
4) Critically discuss why Tamil provinces in Sri Lanka want the 13th Amendment to be implemented and why the Sri Lankan government is so far unwilling to do so.
5) Write a note on the important features of recently released government of India’s new National Mental Health Policy.
6) Should the Supreme Court of India be made a national court of appeal to decide only constitutional issues? Comment.
7) Discuss the challenges that ‘Clean India’ mission faces in fulfilling its objectives. In your opinion, what should be the approach of this program to effectively clean Indian cities, villages, rivers and forests.
8) Critically analyse the role being played by Turkey in defusing crises in the Middle East.