10 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) In India, still 80% of its people do not use internet. In what ways can internet connectivity transform the society for better? Do you think internet connectivity will be one day as important as other basic human rights? Comment.
2) In recent months, the American Dollar is strengthening against major currencies of the world. Examine the reasons and also explain what it means to Indian economy.
3) Recently the union government created a team called as ‘Japan Plus’. Examine its purpose and mandate.
4) Write a note on government’s policy on e-retailing business in India. Do you think e-retailing has affected brick and mortar retailing outlets? Comment.
5) Recent developments in the Middle East has serious consequences for India that go beyond its reliance on crude oil and gas from West Asia. Critically analyse.
6) “The draft Road Transport and Safety Bill 2014 has laws that have been picked up from all over the place and is too full of flaws as a result.” Examine.
7) A recent study has raised troubling questions about India’s 25-year strategy of pushing people to use toilets as a way to improve health. Examine the drawbacks of this strategy.
8) Critically assess Jawaharlal Nehru’s contribution to the growth and development of post-independent India.
9) The experience of the Netherlands, a country where more than half of the land is under constant threat of flooding from the seas and rivers, provides a template of policies and innovations for countries such as India which faces periodic floods and heavy rainfall. Examine.