[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure Questions On Current Events, 06 October 2014
- October 6, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
06 October 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically examine the nature of relationship Gandhiji had with the British ever since he returned to India from South Africa.
2) “To boost infrastructure sector, PPP should perhaps be re-labelled and implimented as FPTP – First Public, Then Private model.” Discuss why.
3) Examine why the government has set-up Expenditure Management Commission (EMC). What are its functions?
4) Unlike some parts of some nations which enjoy autonomy granted by their national governments as part of concession to placate their demand for separation, Kashmir does not enjoy such an autonomy. Do you think Kashmir be given more autonomy? Critically discuss.
5) Examine the reasons behind recent student protests in Hong Kong. In your opinion, what should be China’s response to this crisis? Comment.
6) Critically examine the important role that Iran could play in the Middle East region to solve regional crises. In your opinion, what should be the policy of Western powers vis a vis Iran? Discuss.
7) Technology and financing are no longer real constraints in bringing high-speed trains to India. Competing foreign collaborators are willing to offer generous financial terms and technology transfer. The key issues are financial viability, optimal resource utilisation and benefits to the people. Examine.
8) Examine how Indian banking sector got benefited from India’s diversity post 1990s economic reforms.