23 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Indian Agricultural Research Institute’s (IARI) ‘postal-agri extension’ program has proved boon to many remote farmers. Write a note on the program.
2) Critically examine the causes of the relative decline of India and China after the Industrial Revolution in the West.
Business Standard (passing mention)
3) What do you understand by white-label automated teller machine (ATM)? Why were they launched in India? Evaluate.
4) For Aadhaar to live up to its promise, it is also vital to totally segregate it from the work relating to the National Population Register. Examine why and also explain advantages of Aadhaar.
5) Explain the role of family in inculcating values in its members. Examine which values are most important for a person to lead ethical life in a society.
6)In India, in the absence of regulation, surrogacy has transformed into an unfettered, multi-million dollar industry. Examine why surrogacy is on the rise in India and why is there a call for its regulation.
7) “After the defeat of the LTTE and the economic activism of China, the geostrategic reality has altered significantly in Colombo’s favour.” Comment on the statement vis a vis India.