22 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) Critically comment on the importance of speed and efficiency for a civil servant in decision making process in day to day administration. How these two traits are tested and inculcated in India for an aspiring bureaucrat? Examine.
2) Do you think India and USA are ‘natural allies’?Critically comment.
3) The new Global Common Reporting Standard, formulated by Paris-based Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), will help India in dealing with the menace of black money stashed abroad. Examine.
4) The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme or MGNREGS is now proposed to be implemented only in tribal and backward districts. Critically analyse the implications of this proposal.
5) The concept of Green Building is catching up fast in the building sector in India. Write a critical note on this concept.
6) Examine how private sector can be involved in conserving wildlife in India.
7) Despite efforts from the government, malnutrition among children persists in India. Critically examine the reasons.
8) The Section 436A of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 (CrPC) is unlikely to be the solution to the undertrial problem in India. Critically examine.
9) Examine why is Ebola a concern for India and what should India be doing.
10) Write a note on the recent political developments in Fiji and their impact on Indian diaspora.
11) The plight of the widows of Vrindavan reflects a larger malaise afflicting Indian society. Critically comment.
12) The Centre is moving towards a revenue-sharing system for oil exploration contracts from the time-tested policy of production sharing. Examine the difference between the two systems and explain why the Centre is moving towards a new system.