19 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words each:
1) It is said that ‘swap lines’ should be considered by G-20 countries to mitigate impact of US Federal Reserve’s stimulus rollback. What do you understand by ‘swap lines’? How does Federal Reserve’s rollback affect India’s economy? Examine.
2) Examine the recent agreements and their importance, signed between India and China during the President’s of China’s visit to India in September 2014.
3) Examine the importance of food processing industry to the Indian economy. What measures has government taken to boost this industry?
4) Examine what efforts have been made by scientific community, UN agencies and international community to combat Ebola Virus Disease.
5) Write a note on challenges faced by the Indian generic drug manufacturers in manufacturing affordable drugs.
6) Critically comment on European countries’ response to recent Ukraine crisis. Do you agree with the view that recent developments there have started new Cold War? Comment.
7) “Redressing gender imbalances in employment could remedy the current climate of sluggish global economic recovery.” Examine with special reference to India.
8) The baobab has been called tree of hope for some of poor African countries. Examine why.