[UPSC MAINS-2015] Insights Secure: Questions On Current Events – 18 September 2014
- September 18, 2014
- Posted by: INSIGHTS
- Category: SECURE-2014
18 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Is there a need to revamp social sector schemes sponsored by the central government? Examine why with examples.
2) “The Greater Mekong Subregion economic corridors initiative offers a model that could, and should, be duplicated in South Asia, another Asian sub-region waiting to emerge from its patch of darkness.” Examine.
3) “India needs to revisit its overall climate policy and the priority it attaches to it”. Critically examine why.
4) Examine how state governments mobilize resources to fund their various programs and day to day administrative machinery.
5) “There is a need to monitor the functioning of session courts which deal with rape and child abuse cases in India.” Critically comment.
6) Taking example of two most recent flood disasters in the Himalayan regions, critically examine the causes of these floods and large-scale loss of lives and property.