15 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) What is coal bed methane? Write a note on its availability in India and its uses.
2) Write a critical note on China’s commercial interests and investments in India.
3) Write a note on the causes, mechanism and importance of retreating monsoons in India.
4) “With the collapse of communism, liberal democracy stood alone as the only form of government compatible with socio-economic modernity.” Critically comment.
5) Critically examine the reasons behind Scotland’s referendum for independence from the United Kingdom and its consequences if it succeeds.
6) Examine the relations between India and Vietnam. What common features do you see between these two countries? Examine.
7) What do you understand by India’s stance of Common But Differentiated Responsibility (CBDR) at climate change negotiations? Do you support this argument? Critically comment.
8) “Sections in the Indian Succession Act, 1925 weave an archaic principle of giving superior status to man in access to and owning property.” Examine.
9) Critically comment on pressing problems that are plaguing India’s higher education and its related institutions.
10) “There is an immediate need to repeal conflicting colonial era laws regulating citizenship in India.” Critically examine why.
11) Discus the significance of recent student outreach initiative by the Union Ministry of Science and Technology in which scientists have to give lectures to school children in India.
12) Critically discuss how famous terrorist organisations are financed around the world.