10 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Critically comment on the functioning of the National Disaster Management Authority and post-calamity relief and rehabilitation mechanism existing in India.
2) In your opinion, why does India lag behind in research and development in science and technology sector? Critically examine.
3) “In India, the vast judicial energy spent on unmanageable issues is astounding.” In the light of the statement, critically comment on the functioning of the Supreme Court of India.
4) Critically examine the factors that have influenced the course of India-China relations in recent years.
5) Write a note on the significance of India’s agreement on investment and freer trade in services with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or Asean. Also examine how should India leverage this treaty for its benefit.
6) “Stagnation in Indian industry today cannot be explained only in terms of risk-aversion unless one looks at its financial sector, where the rates of returns are far more attractive.” In the light of the statements examine the reasons behind slow growth of manufacturing and investment in industries in India.
7) Critically examine why the River Ganga is extremely polluted and why efforts to clean the river have failed.
8) Critically evaluate the role of WHO in combating deadly epidemics.
9) Write a note on the ‘Right to be Forgotten’ established by the European Union (EU)’s top court.
10) Should India opt for Universal health insurance coverage with subsidies for the poor? Critically discuss.