[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure Questions On Current Events, 10 September 2014
10 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Write a critical note on the research and development in the pharmaceuticals sector in India.
2) “Animal husbandry experts feel that the indiscriminate cross-breeding of the kind that has been going on for the past several decades is not a healthy trend.” Examine why.
3) Write a note on the administrative and legal set up of Intellectual Property Right (IPR) regime in India.
4) Has The Forest Rights Act of 2006, stalled development and economic growth of tribal regions? Critically comment if this act needs any modifications for speedy clearance of projects.
5) Write a note on India – Germany relationship.
6) Critically comment on Jawahrlal Nehru’s contribution to pre and post – Independent India.
7) Critically comment on the relevance of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in the post – Cold War world.