08 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words:
1) In India, which and why some government posts are barred from seeking appointments to new posts post-retirement? In your opinion what other posts should be brought under this rule and why? Explain.
2) According to a recent report, NRI deposits are increasing in India. Examine the reasons behind this trend and throw light on NRI deposits’ importance and risks.
3) Write a note on the structure and functions of the Programme Evaluation Organisation (PEO).
4) Examine why power distribution reforms is necessary for energy security in India. What steps has government taken in this regard? Examine.
5) What factors are attributed as the cause of recent flood in Northern Indian regions? Critically examine.
6) Write a note on issues concerning India’s Nuclear Separation Plan.
7) How and why leprosy is caused. Critically comment on its continued existence in India and on governments initiatives to tackle this disease.
8) Some of major countries of Europe produce their majority of energy share from renewable or nuclear sources. Examine the reasons behind this shift and throw light on how India can emulate their policies to meet its energy demand.
9) Critically comment on India’s pension policy.