03 September 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) “The India-Japan comprehensive economic partnership agreement (Cepa) remains stuck over the issue of giving Indian drug companies more access to the Japanese pharmaceutical market.” Elaborate.
2) Critically comment on the functioning of Indian Parliament. Do you think the way it’s functioning is a true reflection of representative democracy? Substantiate.
3) What were the causes of recent Euro Zone economic crisis? It is said that the crisis is not yet fully over. In what ways this crisis will affect India? Examine.
4) Examine the relevance of important ecology and environment related laws that are in use today in India. Examine if these laws need to be reviewed and amended.
5) Energy efficiency is crucial in ensuring energy security. What is energy efficiency? Examine what measures has government taken to ensure energy efficiency in the country.
6) How is kala-azar caused? Examine what measures has government taken to tackle this disease.
7) ” The quality of healthcare system determines one’s health.” In the context of India, critically examine what should be government’s priorities in the healthcare sector.