[UPSC MAINS-2014] Insights Secure Questions on Current Events, 29 August 2014
29 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Discuss the contribution of Bal Gangadhar Tilak to the national integration and freedom struggle.
2) In your opinion what are the developmental measures that can be used to fight naxalism in many parts of India? Do you think these will alone solve naxal problem? Comment.
3) Critically examine the necessity of setting up of Nuclear Safety Regulatory Authority in India and its proposed structure and functions.
4) Aftermath the vast devastation and surrender in the Second World war, how did Japan rapidly industrialise its economy? Examine.
5) Identify the important flood-prone areas in India and their characteristics. Explain the benefits of annual natural floods.
6) “…what India needs is not a new Planning Commission, not a new think tank, but a state-building commission. ” In the light of arguments that state machineries need to be strengthened to bring growth and development, critically analyse the statement.
7) Write a critical note on the relationship between the officer of the President of India and the Governors of states.