27 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) What do you understand by governance? Discuss its relationship with economic growth.
2) Why was the Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices (MRTP) Act enacted in 1969? What was its impact? Examine.
3) Explain the different types of Trade Agreements and differences between them. Examine the status of India’s trade agreement with the ASEAN group.
4) Critically comment on the growth of the Islamic State movement and its possible impact on global security with special reference to India.
5) “Globally, there is widespread evidence that establishes the strong effect that governance structure has on research output.” In the context of India and its institutions of national importance, critically comment on the statement.
6) Critically discuss the implications of the Supreme Court’s verdict holding coal block allocations made since 1993 illegal and also throw light on issue and roots of its causes.
7) Write a note on electronic cigarettes
8) Critically discuss the British policy of ‘Great Game’ during 19th century and its impact on British India.