August 18 and 19, 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) “The body that replaces the Planning Commission should not be old wine in a new bottle.” In your opinion, what should be the ideal composition and functions of new body that replaces the Planning Commission? Comment.
2) Why is ‘shadow banking’ considered as a threat? Examine it in the global context with reference to India.
3) Based on your experience and observations, critically comment on how behavioural aspects of Indian society influence the productivity and efficiency of the Indian economy.
4) Should development projects, such as clean energy projects be sacrificed in the name of protecting ecology and environment? Critically comment.
5) In your opinion, apart from economic woes, what are the most pressing problems that India faces today? Suggest measures to address these problems.
6) Suggest measures to address the issue of large number of pendency of cases in the Indian courts.
7) What are the negative impacts of globalisation on nations and their societies? With examples, critically discuss.
8) “It will require the use of new coalitions to pressure states on behalf of peace and justice, the main elements of the United Nations Charter.” In the light of India’s participation in many regional and global groupings and the ongoing conflict in the West Asian region, critically analyse India’s actions and role in ensuring peace in unstable regions of the world, especially vis a vis Arab region.
9) The independence of the judiciary is part of the basic structure of the Constitution. In the light of recent developments, analyse if this basic structure has been disturbed.
10) Write a critical note on the economic progress of Africa in recent years and its integration with the rest of the world through trade.