15 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Critically examine the effects of crony capitalism on the growth and development of a country.
2) Explain the components and functions of an automatic teller machine (ATM). Explain the latest RBI guidelines in using ATMs in India.
3) In the light of past few years’ developments, critically comment on the role of institutions in strengthening democracy.
4) What are hematopoietic stem cells (HSC). Explain their importance in stem cell therapy.
5) What do you understand by India’s insistence on ‘equity and common but differentiated responsibilities’ in the ongoing new climate change treaty negotiations? Elucidate.
6) ‘Demographic dividend in India is not being appropriately used and there is a need to revisit the demographic policy so as to tap benefits from the youth.’ Examine.