12 August 2014
Answer ALL the questions in about 200 words
1) Examine the ways in which RBI manages its funds. Explain financial relationship between RBI and the Union Government.
2) What is endosulfan? Why is it in news for last many years? Write a critical note on its uses and effects.
3) Critically analyse the role of Governor in the development of states in India and his relationship with the Union Government.
4) Examine why is there a demand for power distribution company at the national level. Explain with special note on power distribution scenario in India.
5) Comment on the provisions and the importance of the Panchayats (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996.
6) What do you understand by democratic decentralisation? What are the likely challenges to be faced in its proper implementation in Indian villages? Critically examine.
7) Do you think the idea of imparting of education being treated as a trade is wrong? Critically comment in the light of the issue of collection of capitation fee in private educational institutes in India.
8) What is a reverse vending machine? Explain its uses and importance.